As a Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for design, implementation, configuration, optimization, management, documentation and support the continuous delivery of software products in AWS.
You will be working in a highly agile, innovation driven and DevOps centric software product organization alongside with product engineering team, cloud and software security engineers, architects, agile delivery managers and software support teams on emerging technology solutions in cloud computing, containerization, orchestration, serverless, infrastructure as code, continuous delivery, data science and security automation.
Your main responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain the product’s cloud infrastructure architecture, including microservices, as well as developing infrastructure-as-code and automated scripts meant for building or deploying workloads in various environments through CI/CD pipelines.
- Drive analysis, design, and delivery of quality technical solutions, projects in line with product roadmaps, customer expectations, and internal priorities.
- Defining and driving the implementation of strategy for service improvements, automation frameworks, monitoring and DevOps best practices like cloud native architectures, CI/CD and observability throughout the lifecycle of the product/s towards achieving zero-downtime deployment.
- Ownership and accountability of the performance, availability, security, and reliability of the product/s running across public cloud and multiple regions worldwide.
- Keep up with industry best practices, trends, and standards and identifies automation opportunities, designs, and develops automation solutions that improve operations, efficiency, security, and visibility.
Experience and Technical Skills:
All technologies mentioned below are currently in various stages of adoption and are intended as guidance for candidates. Experience on similar or equivalent technologies are also highly considered.
- At least 5+ years of professional software development experience and 3+ years as DevOps Engineer or similar skillsets with experience on various CI/CD and configuration management tools e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, AzureDevOps, Spinnaker, Gitlab, TeamCity, AWS Codepipeline, Packer, Ansible, Cloudformation, Terraform, or similar CI/CD orchestrator tool(s).
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes, including building Docker files and images, establishing Docker image repositories, and creating, managing, and orchestrating a Kubernetes based infrastructure in cloud or on-prem.
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding for use, build, deploy, management and monitoring of Amazon AWS services for SaaS products, including but not limited to VPC, EC2, Containers, S3, ELB, RDS, Route53, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, WAF, HSM/KMS, IAM, RDS, Event Bridge, SNS, SQS, Lambda, Elastic Bean Stalk, Cloud Trail, API Gateways and other Amazon AWS development and management tools.
- Proven ability on at least one programming language and to provide automation solutions using PowerShell, Python and JSON.
- Wide knowledge in operating system administration, programming languages, cloud platform deployment, and networking protocols
- Must have knowledge on full-stack monitoring capabilities, security testing, detection, and compliance tools.
- Comfortable writing complex scripts/services that pull and manipulate data from heterogeneous data sources, REST APIs, databases, flat files, etc.
- Familiarity with Test Automation tools and frameworks: XUnit, Selenium, Cypress JS, etc.
- Knowledge on cloud-native software architectures and based on microservices, e.g., API management, autoscaling, service discovery, service mesh, service gateways.
- Ability to support database servers like MS-SQL, DynamoDB, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc.in cloud or on-prem.
What is in it for you
- An innovation driven software product delivery culture with a highly agile, people focused environment combined with all the financial and stability advantages of working for a large PE backed business.
- Exposure to industry leading cloud-native technology solutions on AWS (significant usage) Azure and GCP Cloud, building microservices and serverless products using continuous delivery principles.
- Multi-year roadmaps for SaaS products built for B2B backed by guaranteed investment on latest technologies.
- An opportunity to learn innovation lifecycle management within various industries and how Intellectual Property (IP) drives research, monetization, and asset protection.
- A global workforce of immensely talented technology professionals and communities for DevOps, Security, Cloud Engineering, QA and Architecture.
- Flexibility to work remotely or from central office location in Barcelona as per company policy.
- Multicultural environment (more than 20 nationalities)
- On-site language classes (Catalan, Spanish and English)
- Private Health insurance
- 30 working days of vacation
- Active volunteering community, with 40 paid hours of volunteering time
- Tax-free benefits (ticket restaurant, Kindergarten and transport card)