Darts-ip is a leading Legal Tech company based in Brussels, Belgium. With more than 6 million cases, the AI powered database is the de-facto global source of case law information in the field of Intellectual Property (patents, trademarks, etc). Darts-ip’s core mission is to make global Intellectual Property case law available and easily searchable for the customers through a SaaS application. A global IT team is responsible for developing and maintaining this application and all associated services.
In order to sustain the growth, our client is looking for a Sr Google Cloud DevOps in Barcelona, Spain
- Design, develop & test new capabilities and maintain existing framework for continuous integration, continuous deployment (CI/CD) and hosting of SaaS solutions;
- Apply cloud computing skills to provision, configure and maintain reliable, performant and secure infrastructure and platform components of our SaaS solutions;
- Troubleshoot production incidents with the development team and coordinate to streamline resolution delivery;
- Collaborate with team members to improve and optimize the company’s computing architecture, systems’ configuration and engineering policies, processes and guidelines;
- Maintain and improve our stack based on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Cloud SQL, ElasticSearch and more.
- You will write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure and platform at scale (aiming for 100% automation in DevOps and CI/CD processes), and write playbooks when automation is not the most pragmatic solution
- You will enforce security best practices that are compliant with industry recommendations;
- You will work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from scratch;
- You will continuously explore new technologies that will make automation and scale a reality.
We’re looking for someone who:
- is naturally inquisitive, open to working with a wide variety of systems and technologies;
- has the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and experts;
- takes pride in working until the successful completion of a project;
- enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise;
- has the knowledge to upholding best practices in engineering, security, and design;
- pays attention to details and develops a result driven approach;
- is rigorous, methodical, proactive and trustworthy;
- is fluent in English.
Knowledge & experience:
- 4+ years of professional experience as DevOps engineer
- Minimum 2 years of experience in implementing, operating & managing Kubernetes clusters as well as CI/CD automation tools;
- knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS, GCP);
- knowledge of Continuous Integration tools and techniques;
- knowledge of MySQL administration;
- Linux administration skills, including shell scripting
- Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible
- Cloud services:
- Google Cloud Platform: App Engine, Compute Engine, Storage, BigQuery, SQL, Stackdriver, etc
- AWS: S3, SQS, EC2, Lambda, etc
- Java, python, bitbucket;
- Nginx, Tomcat, MySQL
- A start up culture/working environment combined with all the financial and stability advantages of working for a large PE backed business
- 30 working days of vacation
- Active volunteering community, with 40 paid hours of volunteering time
- Private Health and Life & Disability insurances.
- Tax-free benefits (Ticket Restaurant scheme, kindergarten and transport cards)
- On-site language classes (Catalan, Spanish and English)
- Central office location in Barcelona (currently closed due Covid situation) ) with global and dynamic employee base (more than 20 nationalities)